Get In Touch

Ask a Question or Schedule a Consultation

Ready to get Started? Schedule a Call!

Follow Us On

(941) 383-6491

6200 Gulf of Mexico Drive

Longboat Key , FL 34228

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the Florida wedding license requirements, fees & times?

A county court judge or clerk of the circuit court issues Florida marriage licenses. To obtain a marriage license you will need:

  • Identification: a picture ID such as a driver’s license, state ID card, or a valid passport
  • Your Social Security numbers. You will not need your Social Security Card.

The fee is $93.50. This fee can be reduced by up to $32.50 if you complete a licensed Florida pre-marital course.

The marriage license is valid for 60 days. A blood test is not required for the issuance of a license.

There is a three-day waiting period after the issuance of the license before you can get married. However, if you have completed the Florida pre-marital course, the waiting period is waived. In addition, if you are not a Florida resident, the waiting period does not apply.

Where can we obtain a Florida license?

A marriage license can be obtained at any County Clerk of Court.  The local offices are located at:

Manatee County Clerk of Court (Recommended)
1115 Manatee Avenue, West
Bradenton, FL 34206
Tel: 941-749-1800
Sarasota County Clerk of Court
2000 Main Street
Sarasota, FL 34237
Tel: 941-861-7400

Can I use my own minister?

An officiant at the Chapel must be an ordained minister from a generally recognized church. In addition, the Chapel’s Senior Minister will interview the prospective officiant.

The Chapel’s Senior Minister is available to assist the visiting officiant as required.

Can my flower girl release petals/rice/etc.?

For environmental reasons we do not allow the release of petals, rice or other material.

(941) 383-6491

6200 Gulf of Mexico Drive

Longboat Key , FL 34228

Let's Plan Your Big Day!